Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Christ Follower X Christian : Totally Dependent Part 2

Hi everyone, I'd like to apologize for not being so present in my posts as I'd like to, but many things have been happening simultaneously and I haven't had the time to dedicate to my post as I would like to. But , here I am!!
I was going to write about another topic but I thought that it'd be better to stick to this topic for a bit longer.
I wonder sometimes what it is to be totally dependent of God and to give all of what youve got to God. Our pastor said something really interesting this past weekend, and it made me think for long hours about this. What exactly is it for you to hand over the control of your life to God? Is there a diference between controlling your life and letting God make part of it and Letting God control you life and you make part of His plans and dreams?
What I have seen is that people have been making the choice of initially handing everything over to God, for a while. Then, as soon as things start getting a bit tough or not the way "they" planned things out, they start getting a hold of things back again. It's like you've trusted God, but you still wanted to keep control of things, you still wanted to have a hold of things, you still wanted to play God's role in life. So we can get a better image of what happens, imagine you have a chair and you hand this chair over to God while sitting on it, but suddenly you start noticing that things are getting out of hand, and you start putting on foot down, and then things continue not going the way you planned, and you decide to put another foot down, and then things get totally out of "your" control (which initially you handed over to God) and you put both of your hand out of the chair. As soon as you know, you're no longer in God's care but under you own care, your own sense of control and very far away from GOd. When you noticed, you have taken the chair back into your own arms and your life is back to where it was before, to the way it was before...Living a life dependent of God has a high cost, what is this cost?
To trust Him 100% and whatever may happen , you may know that He is in control.
You want to hear something interesting? The human kind has had this act of independence form God for thousands of years, they have trusted no one but themselves. As a result we see a world desperately shouting for help...even so, people still think that they have control over things...One of my students last week asked me the following question: Is a human being naturally righteous and the society messes him up or is the human being naturally messed up and the society keeps him balanced in righteousness? I couldn't believe the level of independence and selfishness in that sentence! The human kind ? able to keep other people in balance?
What this guy said, was simply: I trust myself and I think I'm enough to do what I need to do, I don't need anyone, not even God!
If you are someone like this , and you think you're good enough to keep your life balanced, think again! We were created for Him and by Him and in Him alone will we find balance for our lives. Being dependent of God, is having both of your feet and arms in the chair, is handing everything over to Him and closing your eyes and not fearing what may happen , is to let go of EVERYTHING that is in your hands ans trust Him to be in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment