Thursday, August 13, 2009

Are you Courageous?


Often times we man see ourselves as the strong sex in the gender world, we are the one's who will stand up for what we think it's right and pitty of the people who will comfront us. Once I listened to a Pastor's sermon where he was telling a story that one day he was driving up a street where he lived and in front of him was a 75 year old man who at a certain moment accidently hit a cyclist and kncked him down to the floor. Well, this cyclist got up and just pounded on the old man's car (on the hood) with both hands , walked to the drive'rs side, opened the door and pulled out this 75 year old man and started hammering him in the middle of the street. Meanwhile this Pastor was in one of those moments where you think: " What should I do now?"
Well, he got out of his car and tried to stand in between the old man and this furious cyclist , who had one thing in his mind, "to kill this old man". Suprisingly enough, the pastor also started getting hit and out of the blue the pastor just took a swing at the guys jaw and knocked him out cold. Now although this story may sound to you a little bit out of the ordinary, I confess that I had this dream before ( me being a courageous man,lol) , just taking one swing and knocking somebody out. Imagine that, these things you can only see in Hollywood movies. I guess, any of us man would have the courage to do that in that moment and stand up for someone, you getting beat up and getting pounded by this guy, you would feel as if you were a Hollywood actor and take a swing. Now, let me reset the scenario!
Let's supposed one day you're sitting across a 75 year old man in a train and my question is :
Would you have the courage to stand up and go over to this man and tell him about Jesus?
Hard question ,right? It's funny that we men can be so courageous when it comes to physical strentgh but when the deal is telling someone about Jesus....that's sounds too risky, they may mock me, this may mess up my reputation...Let me appoint a verse that is in Revelation 21:7-8
He goes saying that the one who overcomes will inherit all this , He will be our God and we will be His sons. But the cowardly, the unbelieving , the sexual immoral , etc . These will have their place in the fire of Hell. Now, if you look closely , you will see that the COWARDLY is the first in the list, you may be saying, come on, couldn't it be the sexual immoral first or the liars, I mean I have no problems with that. But no, the cowardly, the cowardly.
Our purpose in this part of eternity is to be disciples of Christ, to tell peole the good news. He died for us, He reedemed us, He suffered in our place and we don't even talk to our next door neighbor about what He did for us. So, my prayer to every men or every person that may read this post is to have a courageous heart, such a passionate love for Jesus that you won't be able to keep this news only to yourself.

1 comment:

  1. Amem, I want be courageous too, in my collage. Be strong with Jesus, can see what he is doing and do it with him.

    ReplyDelete